What We Do
Mary Wilson of Pitter Patter Puppets provides an enriching puppetry performance for young children. The performance will consist of 45 minutes of developmentally appropriate interactive puppet play activities specifically designed to stimulate language, literacy, sensory awareness, problem solving, self-expression, phonemic awareness, and story creation. Silly songs, storytelling, and rhymes are all part of the show!
This program is best for children 2 to 7 years of age but is enjoyed by children and adults of all ages. Great for preschool enrichment, birthday parties, library programs, family engagement events, children’s theatrical performances. Pricing available upon request.
Mary Wilson has been providing workshops for Early Educators, Librarians and Camp Counselors for over 20 years through professional development opportunities all over Massachusetts and at the NAEYC National Conference in Washington, D.C. Workshops can be either a 2-hour program for contact hours or a .5 CEU offering. Pricing available upon request.
Mary Wilson is an Early Childhood Educator who provides hands-on, interactive and developmentally appropriate puppetry performances, enrichment programs, and professional development opportunities. She has worked in the field of Early Education for over 30 years and has a contagious passion for puppets as a tool for teaching.
Mary Wilson provides enrichment programs for young children through library programs, elementary schools, camp programs and youth groups. There are typically 3 parts to the enrichment series: Part 1: puppet manipulation/voices, Part 2: story creation/set design/choreography, and Part 3: final review/performance. Part 1 and Part 2 can be combined into 1 part if the desired outcome does not include a group performance. This program is best for children 6 to 10 years of age, but also enjoyed by older children. Pricing available upon request.
Where We've Been
• The Cape Reperatory Theater, Brewster (11 Summer Seasons)
• The Chatham Arts Festival (3 years)
• The Provincetown Theater
• Libraries all over Cape Cod and Massachusetts (performances, workshops and enrichment programs)
• Numerous Birthday Parties
• Intergenerational Programs at Senior Centers and Nursing Homes
• Many Preschools, Elementary Schools, and Integrated Preschool Classrooms across Massachusetts
• Workshops across Massachusetts, for the MAEYC conference and for the National Association for the Education of Young Children Conference, Washington, DC (2009), Bunker Hill Community College, Southeast Massachusetts Library System
• References available upon request